Conference time again

I'm a conference junkie...I know I've said that before, but it bears repeating because it's still true. (And may I note, it is a bad addiction to have for someone who is not yet actually earning any royalties from my writing. All outgo, no income...)

But anyway, despite the wisdom of spending more money on writing education, here I am at the Greater Philadelphia Christian Writers Conference, and I'm confident it will be a great weekend. The conference, while on the small side (150 attendees or something like that) is full of great enthusiasm from all directions and spiritual vibrancy.

Of course, it's tricky, as I'm pitching a book that isn't overtly Christian in nature. I mean, it's fantasy after all, and enough folks still think that is synonymous with Satanism 101. But honestly, I have more prospects here of agents and editors to meet with than I would at a bigger, more expensive conference. So I'll practice my pitch and peddle my wares and see if I can't get a nibble. A full-on bite would be great, but I'm not going to set the bar too high here.

It's exciting, nerve wracking, exhausting, but sure to be filled with more information than my poor little brain can hold onto over three days. But I wouldn't miss it.

I'll try to keep you posted on how the adventure goes. I'm starting a screenwriting class for my Continuing Education track here today, and I know that's going to awesome.

Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artwork selections of late

Reviews for Friends

Too good not to post everywhere