Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hello friends of the speculative arts!
Have you ever had an idea that just won't leave you alone? I keep trying to ignore the concept of creating an annual event for lovers of fantasy, science fiction, and other "weird" stories--for people who also happen to be  trying to live their lives with their faith emblazoned upon them for all to see--but the idea keeps rearing its head no matter where I try to tuck it.

And so, here is the first public introduction to this idea: FaithandFantasyCon2012.

Here's the concept as I see it:
For a couple of days, authors, filmmakers, artists, musicians, fans, anyone at all interested, really, would come together to celebrate what about the speculative arts can serve as a conduit of our worldview to the world, in ways that are effective, winsome, and just plain cool. A time to discuss how to live as a person of faith who also happens to love things not of this world.  It would be a time to encourage one another, that although we may be a small group, we have the power of story in our hands, and therefore, we are mighty!

Want to read the rest of my thoughts on this ? Please join me over at http://faithandfantasycon.wordpress.com/ to see what nuts-o stuff I'm thinking.  If I can combine all the little pockets of speculative networking I come into contact with, this could be more fun that we know what to do with!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. I'm heading over to the link to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The likelihood of me being able to come is slim, but I wanted to let you know that I think this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete