The Risen Books contest continues!

Hello friends! Some of you have expressed some confusion about what on earth I'm talking about as I have been posting links to Risen Books contest these past couple days, so I thought I would do my best to clarify. Forgive me for my presumption you would all be able to read my mind! I know many of you were with me when I was campaigning for the Marcher Lord Select contest back in 2009, so I erroneously assumed everybody would know all about voter-based publishing contests.

So, in an effort to tidy up the looks of bewilderment, which anyone who has cast one my direction is completely justified in having done so, here are the rules as the contest runners posted them:


Risen Books Contest for Unpublished Authors
First Prize: Publishing contract with Risen Books.
Second Prize: Amazon Kindle (with Special Offers)
Third Prize: Free books from Risen authors.
Submission Period
The submission period begins July 21, 2011 at 12:01 a.m. (U.S. Pacific Standard Time) and ends July 31, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. (U.S. Pacific Standard Time). The contest is limited to 40 entries and we will stop accepting entries when we receive 40 submissions.
 *my book was accepted and is sci-fi/fantasy submission #1*
Authors are asked to submit the following:
  • Novel title
  • Genre
  • Hook (a 20- to 30-word premise)
  • Back Cover blurb (max 150 words)
Voting Round:
The general public will vote on the entries. The best 20 will be selected for the first round and will be asked to submit:
  • A one or two page synopsis that includes the ending
  • The first chapter
We reserve the right to advance fewer than 20 to the first round if, in our sole discretion, we do not receive a sufficient number of eligible or qualified entries.
First round
Between August 1st and August 12, 2011, Risen Books authors will select the best five (5) submissions based on the following criteria: originality of idea, strength of the plot (based on the synopsis), and the quality of writing.
The best 5 will be selected for the second round and asked to submit the complete manuscript.
Second Round
Between August 15 and September 25, Risen Book’s editorial committee will select the prizewinners, who will be announced on September 30th.
I hope that makes it clear what I'm trying to get mixed up in. Thanks a million, friends, and happy voting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artwork selections of late

Reviews for Friends

Geek Girl T-Shirt Design-Your Opinions Requested